Aquaponics is the combined practice of raising fish (called Aquaculture) and growing plants in water (called Hydroponics)!
How Does it Work?
- Fish or other aquatic animals are raised in a tank
- Plants are grown in another tank or container, suspended in water
- Waste water is pumped from the fish tank to the plant roots
- Helpful germs in the roots of the plants break down fish waste into vitamins and nutrients
- Newly purified water is drained back into fish tank
- Aquaponic System Repeats
Take A Closer Look: Coming Soon
- Fish Types
- Fish Tanks
- Types of Plants
- Growing Containers
Check back weekly for more content, or become a supporting member by visiting patreon.com/HLGardens